Fersa Energías Renovables is the first independent company to be quoted in the Spanish stock market and one of the first in Europe dedicated exclusively to the development of clean energy. Our objective is to generate electricity using 100% renewable sources such as the wind and the sun.
Since Fersa launched its international expansion process in 2006, with the dual objective of geographically diversifying its activity and becoming involved in more profitable projects outside Spain, the Company has been transformed at all the levels.
At December 31, 2012 Fersa is present in two continents, with a portfolio of 258.9 MW in operation and a portfolio of wind farms authorized by 377.8 MW, which ensures the future growth of the Company.
Wind energy is our main activity, accounting for 98% of the total installed capacity and almost our entire portfolio of projects. The remaining 2% of the total installed capacity comes from solar and biogas energy plants.
We have also demonstrated our capacity to grow and to unite with other partners who are currently our major shareholders.